Hyaluronic acid is one of the most popular ingredients in cosmetics and cosmetology. And although it received its wide popularity not so long ago – at the end of the last century, when the so-called beauty shots were invented – almost no cosmetic product can do without it now. What is this magic molecule and why is hyaluronic acid called the source of eternal youth? Let’s figure it out.
Hyaluronic acid is a polysaccharide that is present in every living organism. If there is a lot of hyaluronic acid in it, then this contributes to the elasticity of the skin, its softness, freshness and beautiful complexion, smooth and silky hair, strong nails. If the amount of acid decreases – and this begins to happen from about 25 years old – then the balance in the tissues is gradually disturbed, the skin fades, loses its elasticity and beauty.
It is known that one molecule of hyaluronic acid is able to attract and hold (bind) at least one hundred (sometimes there is evidence that this number can reach one thousand) water molecules. It absorbs water like a sponge and allows you to maintain hydrobalance throughout the body. And it is precisely this quality that gives her the opportunity to provide the entire body with the necessary moisture. However, as we mentioned above, this property does not last indefinitely, over time, the amount of hyaluronic acid production begins to decrease, gradually fading away.
In cosmetology, there several ways to compensate for the lack of hyaluronic acid:
ingestion of hyaluronic acid preparations;
skin care products – creams or serums.
For the production of the latter, mainly two types of acid are used:
1) low molecular weight – its molecules are crushed and this allows it to penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin, as well as stimulate the production of hyaluronic acid by the body itself;
2) high-molecular – creates a film on the surface of the skin, with the help of which moisture is retained and does not evaporate from its surface.
There is set of ruleswhich help to apply products with hyaluronic acid in such a way that you get a pronounced effect from their use.
1. The product should be applied to slightly moistened skin. It is best to do this immediately after the toning stage, without waiting for the toner to completely absorb.
2. Serum with hyaluronic acid must be covered with cream on top.
3. In the autumn-winter period, when the skin is exposed to harmful environmental effects, as well as in heated rooms with increased dryness, hyaluronic acid can work in the opposite way, that is, it does not moisturize the skin, but rather attract moisture from the inner layers of the skin. As a result, the skin becomes even drier.
To avoid this effect, you need to alternate products with hyaluronic acid with nutrients. Or, for example, close the serum with hyaluronic acid with a nourishing cream.
4. Conversely, when going somewhere in a humid climate, be sure to take products with hyaluronic acid with you. In high humidity, they will work as efficiently as possible.
Korean brand The Plant Base released a serum with hyaluronic acid Hyaluronic Acid 100 Waterfall Moist Balanced with a very short composition, which only contains Sodium Hyaluronate (the sodium salt of hyaluronic acid).
According to the effect on the skin, hyaluronic acid and its salt are very close, but the sodium hyaluronate molecule is smaller and due to this:
Penetrates deeper into the skin
Provides more intense hydration
effectively fights even deep wrinkles,
stimulates the process of cellular renewal,
· activates fibroblasts for reproduction, they, in turn, contribute to the production of their own hyaluronic acid, collagen and elastin.
The serum has no fragrance. In the process of its use, there is no stickiness or discomfort on the skin. It absorbs quite quickly, but it is recommended to apply a cream on top.
Also, for maximum effect, the serum can be mixed with any other care products.
Serum will help to cope with problems such as dryness, dehydration, flaking, dull skin, uneven tone, reduced elasticity and sagging. The product is suitable for all skin types and is recommended for use at any time of the year.