4K Ultra HD means that this TV has a screen resolution of 3840×2160 and an aspect ratio of 16:9. The frame rate is 60 Hz. The advantage is a high color gamut, high-quality image detail and more dynamic contrast.
An intermediate link between HD and 4K UHD standards is a 2k TV. The screen resolution in this model is 2000×1080 dots.
How to choose a 4K TV
- Diagonal. The formula promoted by SMPTE for calculating screen size is the distance to the device divided by one and a half. Thus, if you are watching a movie at a distance of about 2 meters from the TV, then you will need a diagonal of 49-55 inches. But this is only a recommendation, and the exact choice depends on the needs.
- Matrix. Determines the image quality and content viewing experience. Classic models are based on LCD panels. The most popular technology, and the most profitable at the price. LCD matrices are IPS and VA, with the former more common in LG products, and the latter in Samsung. The latter are also promoting QLED matrices. And this is not the usual OLED under a different name, but a completely new technology that uses an additional layer with quantum dots.
- HDR. Technology present in all 4K models. But on some TVs, it is present only for show, since the device does not offer the necessary margin of brightness. Others offer support for improved standards, which guarantee an even better gaming and movie experience (of course, with the appropriate content).
- Backlight. It is not in OLED TVs, because each pixel glows separately there. But conventional LED panels can be equipped with two types of backlight: Direct and Edge. The second is contour, and the diodes in it are located below or on the side. The second one is straight. Because of this, the case becomes thicker, but with Direct, a more uniform backlight and local control of its zones are possible.
- Interfaces. It all depends on your needs. If the house has both a PlayStation and an Xbox, and in addition to the TV you plan to connect a soundbar or a computer, then you need to look at solutions where there are 3 or even 4 HDMI inputs. An important point is the version of the ports. So, it will be possible to display a 4K image only via HDMI 2.0, and to achieve a display in this resolution of a picture with a frequency of 100 frames and higher will only be possible on version 2.1, which is available only in modern models.
- System. For most users, the capabilities of Tizen or webOS are enough. If you need more features, including installing games from Google Play, then you need an Android TV model, which is found, for example, with the Sony brand. However, if you like the TV in everything except the system, then the problem can always be solved by purchasing a set-top box with suitable functionality.
Rating of the best 4K TVs
The screen is perfectly black in the off state, slightly curved, has a matte finish that reliably protects it from various glare and other defects caused by direct sunlight. Metal edging, frames are practically absent. The size of the diagonal is very large, which allows you to install the TV in fairly spacious rooms. The stand has a thin leg, while the model itself is also very thin, although it has a significant mass of just over 20 kg. The remote control here is programmable, it is able to cope with the control of various third-party equipment connected to this device.
Here you can find 4 connectors for HDMI cables, an optical port, an Ethernet jack, three slots for flash drives and hard drives. All connections are made using a special receiver supplied with the model. On the TV panel itself, there is only a shielded connector for connecting this receiver; the company’s engineers preferred to get rid of all other sockets and buttons. The sound is quite pleasant, despite the fact that the design is equipped with built-in speakers with a power of only 4.2 watts each. The total power might not seem too big if it were not for the receiver, which is also additionally equipped with an equalizer.
- Very interesting and original design;
- Appearance allows you to organically fit into any interior;
- Pretty loud and deep sound, despite the low power of the speakers;
- Original stable base.
- Well, it’s very expensive.
This line was developed and launched for general sale in 2017, but to this day it remains very popular with users who pay special attention to high image and sound quality. With the help of the most modern technologies that are used here, it is possible to obtain natural black and white colors, a good degree of saturation of the picture. The viewing angles are very wide, which makes the device optimal for use in rooms of various sizes. The diagonal of the product is 55 inches, there is support for any HDR standard, so you can watch videos in the highest quality, regardless of the source of the signal. The sound here has Dolby Atmos decoding technology. All sounds are rich and refined.
The TV has a rather thin body, which will expand slightly closer to the bottom. There are a lot of interfaces here, so if necessary, you can connect almost any external device. There are several USB connectors, two HDMI jacks, support for the WiDi function, and even a fairly powerful gaming personal computer is connected if desired.
- Excellent picture quality;
- The use of the HDR format is thought out with the utmost care;
- Excellent sound;
- Quite stylish appearance;
- Acceptable price for its characteristics.
- After some time of active use, the TV operating system may start to slow down a bit.
This TV can be found on sale in several versions – with a diagonal of 43, 49, 55 and 65 inches, respectively, if necessary, the user will be able to choose the optimal model for the dimensions of the room where the structure is planned to be installed. Along the perimeter there is an innovative Ambilight backlight, which completely eliminates the occurrence of various kinds of light and other minor image defects. The TV panel itself is not very thin, unlike rather expensive models, but it is characterized by high performance and an optimal price-quality ratio. The front elements have a silver finish, the rear panel is pure black. The backlight here is neat, has small overall dimensions and excellent stability.
The originality of the backlight system lies in the fact that it can be configured according to your own preferences. The TV runs on the latest generation Android operating system and has Pixel Plus Ultra HD picture technology. Largely thanks to it, it is possible to optimize the image depending on the content. Even at maximum brightness, blacks and whites look quite natural. The TV has an IPS matrix with a refresh rate of 60 Hz. There is a game mode of the image, which allows you to use the TV as a full-fledged gaming monitor, and the time delay in receiving the signal is not too high – in the region of 15 ms.
- High quality display and sound;
- Stable operation of the operating system;
- Very convenient keyboard on the control panel;
- There is a game mode.
- It is not possible to find all satellites, which is why the number of channels may be slightly limited.
Another TV, the design of which is characterized as quite mediocre, but the display of the device is made with Direct LED backlighting of the LED type. The case is quite thin, especially if we consider it within the framework of fairly budget designs. Towards the bottom, it expands somewhat. The frame framing the screen from the outside has a width of about 25 mm. On the front, it has a brushed aluminum finish, which adds some appeal to the model. Users claim that the assembly is of fairly high quality, all external elements are tightly fitted to each other, no backlashes or extraneous squeaks, as well as other sounds are not heard. The power supply here is external, so you should first consider where it can be hidden. The design has legs made in the shape of the letter Y, and at the back they have special recesses into which cables can be laid.
As a Smart TV platform, a unique shell developed by the manufacturer is used here. On the main screen, you can find access to applications, a list of programs loaded into the model’s memory, recordings, a media player and settings. Everything works smoothly, there are no slowdowns or delays here. There are not too many standard applications here, but the main streaming services are present. These include Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, all of which are HDR capable. The media player is able to handle any format. The image is processed quite well, the viewing angles are decent largely due to the installed IPS matrix, so you can sit down in front of the TV as conveniently as possible. The image transmission delay is only about 18 ms, which makes it possible to use the TV as a gaming monitor. The stereo system includes two speakers, each with a power of 10 watts.
- Provides high image quality for its price;
- Very easy to use remote control;
- Quite a long power cable – can be installed at a considerable distance from the outlet;
- Excellent color reproduction, almost indistinguishable from natural.
- A little flimsy legs – you should not swing or even just touch a standing TV.
It has a rather simple design: the body is entirely made of plastic materials, the frames are not too narrow, but not very wide either. No distinctive elements that distinguish this model from the standard range of TVs of similar resolution can be found outwardly. The thickness of the model is about 8 cm, but the mass is small, so if necessary, the device can be hung even on a wall made of drywall. It should be viewed at a distance of 1.6 to 2.7 m – so you can get the maximum pleasure from the clarity of the image and sound quality. The diagonal of the device is 43 inches – it is quite suitable for medium and small rooms. The picture quality is made as high as possible by using the most advanced 4K Active HDR technology. With its help, the manufacturer managed to achieve a very realistic image, all colors are quite bright and juicy. On such a TV it will be very comfortable to watch documentaries about nature or just play.
The contrast is good, even during the display of dark scenes everything looks quite clear. There are several modes of this parameter, which allows you to choose the optimal one for a specific purpose, there is also a dynamic contrast that will automatically adjust to the image. The image refresh rate is 50 Hz, and when playing dynamic scenes, it can independently increase up to 100 Hz. The model has a semi-glossy screen, so no glare will be noticeable, and direct reflections are not visible at all. The TV has artificial intelligence that makes it easier to use this gadget. All the main additional features are also provided here – a Wi-Fi module, an Ethernet connector that provides a wired Internet connection. This allows you to achieve the stability of downloading movies or ordinary videos when viewing online.
- Quite a worthy cost;
- Sound quality is ensured by two 10W stereo speakers;
- A large number of different connectors;
- Stable operating system;
- The ability to view a decent number of channels without connecting a set-top box.
- The model turned out to be quite thick;
- The ergonomics of the remote control is not well thought out.
Erisson 75ULEA99T2 Smart
Erisson 75ULEA99T2 Smart
A fairly well-known and popular brand among Russian consumers, which, first of all, is distinguished by an optimal price-quality ratio. The diagonal of the TV allows you to install it in small and medium-sized rooms. The viewing angles are wide – about 170 degrees, so even with a serious deviation from the straight viewing line, the image will not begin to be distorted. The screen size is 74.5 inches, which in terms of centimeters gives almost 190. The appearance is quite interesting and stylish, which allows this product to optimally fit into the interior of any living room or bedroom, regardless of what style it is made in. The image is characterized by excellent quality, all the details are perfectly visible even during fairly fast scenes.
The model has a Smart TV function, which allows you to watch any program at the most convenient moment. The TV is additionally equipped with a Wi-Fi module that provides Internet access to the most popular sites. In addition, there is support for the DVB-T2 standard, due to which it is possible to view absolutely any channels with very high image quality, and you do not have to additionally purchase a special set-top box. In terms of connectors, everything is also pretty good: there are three USB inputs, with their help you can connect a standard flash drive or an external hard drive. The presence of several HDMI inputs allows you to use this TV as a full-fledged gaming monitor, and you can also connect all modern game consoles, media players and other devices to it.
- Excellent image quality;
- Small thickness and weight of the product;
- Sufficient number of connectors for external devices;
- Long service life;
- Wide viewing angles;
- Acceptable cost.
- The Wi-Fi module is rather weak, it is advisable to place the TV near the router.