Bathing in the bathtub is one of the children’s favorite pastimes. However, the surface of the bathtub is often very slippery and a child, especially a very active and agile one, may slip and fall. To avoid such a scenario, it is advisable to place a special children’s rug on the bottom of the bathroom, with suction cups or self-adhesive. It is securely attached to the surface of the bath and prevents it from slipping.
Features of baby bath mat:
- The main advantage of the mats is that the bathroom is anti-slip, which, in turn, eliminates the possibility of a child falling while bathing. Now you can not be afraid for the health and safety of the baby when he takes a bath, even if the child is very mobile and active.
- The presence of antibacterial impregnation, which will not allow the emergence of harmful bacteria and microorganisms in a humid warm environment.
- Some rugs have a relief surface that will allow the baby to get a useful foot massage while bathing. This procedure has a beneficial effect on the body and improves blood circulation.
- There are kids who just love to frolic in the water. But there are also such crumbs that you can’t force to swim. And a bath mat can be a good rescue in such a situation. It will help divert the attention of the child and make the atmosphere in the bathroom more comfortable and soothing.
- A modern children’s bath mat is not just an accessory for bathing, but also an educational toy. Such rugs will make the usual procedure of taking a bath an interesting educational game.
Types of baby bath mats.
The range of baby bath mats on the market is very extensive. The following types of rugs can be distinguished:
- Large rugs. They completely cover the bottom of the bath.
- Medium sized rugs. They occupy about half of the bath, most often its central part. They can be made in the form of animals and plants.
- Puzzle mats. Such rugs are made up of several elements, interconnected by special grooves. Often have a special wavy surface for massage.
- Mini mats with suction cups. They can be attached both to the bottom and to the side walls of the bath. Such mats are like a real educational toy. They will help the baby to get acquainted with the outside world and its inhabitants. You can choose a rug with a specific theme, depending on the age and interests of the child. For example, among young swimmers, the marine theme is very popular. Accessories with drawings or in the form of starfish, fish, shells, octopuses will not leave the baby indifferent. There are also whole thematic sets of rugs that, during water procedures, will introduce the child to the names of animals, colors or shapes.
Choosing the right bath mat
A bath mat is an important accessory, which, first of all, is responsible for the safety of the baby during water procedures. When choosing this accessory, pay attention to the following criteria:
- Material. The rug must be made of environmentally friendly and safe material. Usually it is high quality PVC, silicone or rubber.
- The rug should have a resistant and indelible paint, it should not emit toxic and unpleasant odors.
- The accessory must be vapor and moisture resistant, mold must not form on it, and it must not be affected by temperature changes. The surface must have an antimicrobial treatment.
- Safety. The rug must not have sharp edges. There should be no flaws or protruding elements.
- Convenience and ease of use. The mat must have reliable suction cups that would provide good fixation on the bottom of the tub.
Caring for baby rugs.
The baby rug is easy to care for. Before using the mat, wash it under hot water. After each use, the mat should be lightly rinsed with a small amount of detergent. The most important task when washing the rug is to clean the suction cups, as soap residue can stop them from functioning. Next, blot the rug with a towel and dry well.
In the Wildberries online store you can purchase an anti-slip bathing mat from VOTONYA LLC. Choose which mini rug you and your child like the most – blue with a cute bear or pink with a cat. The mats are made of high quality PVC and have suction cups that will securely fix the mat in the bathroom and prevent it from slipping.
The right choice and operation of a children’s bath mat is the key to a healthy and fun bath!