Natural juices are incredibly healthy, and citrus fruits in particular, because they are a rich source of ascorbic acid and other vitamins. Doctors recommend starting your day with a glass of this drink. A citrus juicer will help in this matter, and what they are worth sorting out.
Types of citrus juicers
Such units have been on the market for more than one year, but if earlier they were bulky and incredibly noisy, today they have undergone significant changes. Separate from traditional models are citrus juicers, they are presented:
- Mechanical or manual units.
- Electrical devices. This orange juicer works without user intervention.
- Juicer presses.
- Combined models.
Manual Citrus Juicer
This is technically the simplest model and at the same time the cheapest. Learning the process of getting juice from it is easy, but it will take a lot of effort to fill your glass and not send a good half of the pulp to the bin. There are also several manual models, for example:
- Plastic citrus juicer with cone nozzle. Not the most cost-effective option, but indispensable when you need to get a few spoons of juice for salad dressing.
- press device. Squeezing the juice is carried out by squeezing two plates, between which a half of the fruit is sandwiched.
- Spray. This is a real know-how that looks like a small spray gun. It is necessary to insert its tube into the pulp of the fruit and you can spray the juice.
Citrus Press Juicer
It was already mentioned in the previous section, but such a mechanical citrus juicer is also represented by a variety of models. Some are designed like a tripod, on which two round halves are mounted. The lower one has the familiar cone-shaped nozzle. Such a citrus juicer will cope with both oranges and lemons, as well as other fruits, such as pomegranates.
Another type of press is represented by a weighty metal unit that squeezes juice by squeezing the product with great force. However, for some, the process of obtaining it may seem tedious, because the fruit must first be cut, then wrapped in a cloth or put in a bag. Often the procedure is repeated several times with the obligatory removal of cake and rinsing of the fabric.
Electric Citrus Juicer
The most popular was the automatic citrus juicer, consisting of a body with a vertically located motor and a ribbed nozzle put on it. To get a drink, you need to put a half of fruit on this cone-shaped device, press lightly and continue to press as the mechanism spins and the juice flows into the container. Currently, on sale you can find a lot of such units, differing in design features and engine power.
How to choose a citrus juicer?
This unit has a narrow specialization, that is, it is suitable for squeezing juice only from citrus fruits – oranges, lemons, grapefruits and the like. Some models, such as press models, are used to make a drink from a pomegranate. In this regard, the search circle is significantly narrowed, but here there is something to pay attention to:
- The presence of nozzles of different diameters for large and small fruits.
- The best citrus juicer is one that has the ability to vary the concentration of pulp in the juice.
- The presence of a reverse function, that is, reverse rotation of the cone to increase productivity.
- Automatic pulp ejection.
- It is good if the citrus juicer has a lid that fixes the fruit.
- Price. A good device cannot be cheap, but even among budget options you can find a quality model.
Citrus juicer – rating of the best
Among the popular models, the following are in special demand:
- Bork Citrus Juicer. High-quality model, characterized by a cast case made of stainless steel. It combines a powerful mechanical press and an electric drive, which brings the performance of the unit to the maximum. There are additional functions – “drop-stop” and overload protection.
- Philips Citrus Juicer. Compact unit with a small jug volume. Thanks to the automatic reverse, it is not clogged with discarded pulp. The design of the spout is such that not a single drop of juice is spilled. Another plus is that the unit can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Citrus Juicer Scarlett. It has a beautiful design and a clear control system. The volume of the bowl is enough to get 3 tbsp at once. juice. The set includes several nozzles for fruits of different sizes. The plastic body is easy and simple to care for.
How to use a citrus juicer?
Before use, it is recommended to carefully read the instructions for the device. Features of use will depend on the type of unit. For electric models, the procedure is as follows:
- Prepare the device for operation – plug it into the network, check the serviceability.
- Wash the fruit and cut it across into two equal halves.
- Place one half on the nozzle, flesh side down.
- Press down with your hand or secure with a lid, if any.
- Click on the “Start” button.
- The citrus squeezer will start to work by starting to rotate the nozzle.
- As soon as all the pulp is used up, the unit can be disconnected from the power supply.
- If necessary, the procedure should be repeated.