In the last century, the connection of gas stoves was carried out only with the help of a gasket steel pipes, which fully complied with the current rules for the installation and operation of gas equipment. The plate was installed rigidly – it was already impossible to move it. With the advent of imported household appliances and related accessories, gas stoves began to appear in specialized stores selling gas stoves. flexible products, which were a curiosity for our consumer. But over time, a hose for connecting a gas stove appeared in almost every home and became an alternative to steel pipes due to its clear advantages and convenient use.
Varieties of gas hoses
Today, gas stoves are connected not only by public services, but also by public service centers, and even stores that sell this equipment. This became possible after the release of regulatory documents allowing the operation of such an accessory as a hose for a gas stove. The industry produces many varieties of similar products that can be used when connecting a gas stove.
- Rubber sleeve with fabric braid – this is the most elastic flexible hose, it is soft and does not allow electrical discharges. Its installation is simple, the cost is low, on sale you can find samples, the diameter and length of which will satisfy any, even the most fastidious user. There is only one drawback – low rigidity, but the service life of these hoses is calculated up to 10 years.
- Durable rubber sleeve with metal braid – similar hoses are used to supply water to taps, but their inner part is made of polymers. What are the visual differences between them? A yellow thread is woven into the braid of gas products or there is a marking of a similar color, and red and blue threads are woven into the products intended for water. The product is made of vulcanized rubber with the addition of a special thread inside for reinforcement. The cost is very affordable, easy installation, different lengths, can work at temperatures not higher than +50 aboutC.
- Bellows hose – such a name was given to this product by experts because of the corrugated sheath, which protects the inner sleeve from mechanical damage. This product is considered the most reliable of all hoses used to connect household appliances to a gas pipeline – stoves, columns or individual heating boilers. The service life is calculated up to 25 years, in the store you can choose which sample you need, depending on the location of the connected object. It costs more than other products, because the braid is made of corrugated metal, the length, which has many variations, also affects the price.
Attention! Any user can replace the hose, but connecting the stove to the gas pipeline is a very responsible process, in the event of a leak and a fire, the consequences will be very deplorable. Entrust this business to professionals.
Benefits of Bellows Hose
- This product bends very easily, but at the same time it can withstand up to 6 atmospheres, it can function at temperatures from -50 to +200 aboutC.
- The outer sheath is made from stainless metalwhich meets all GOST standards, as well as technical requirements for use in everyday life.
- The electrical insulating layer of polymers guarantees reliable protection against any mechanical impact and high-frequency currents (there are household appliances in the kitchen, such as microwave ovens).
- The strength of the hose guarantees the integrity of the connection in various extreme situations, such as in the event of an earthquake.
- Impressive duration of operation – about 30 years from the date of installation.
- Resistance to electric current – up to 1.5 kW.
With all its positive qualities, there is only one negative point – this is the cost, which is five times higher than any other similar product.. Polymer-coated bellows hoses are resistant to various acids contained in chemicals used by housewives to clean and disinfect the kitchen. Experts assure that such products can work in almost any conditions – similar coatings are used in production, where serious measures are needed to protect against aggressive environments.
If you have a stove with electric ignition, then special connections must be installed between the gas supply valve and the bellows product to ensure reliable insulation.
How to choose a hose
An important condition for the safe operation of a household gas stove is the perfect connection of the device to the gas pipeline. The safety of people and homes depends on the strength, reliability of the connector and the quality of the connection of the plate. Therefore, the choice of hose and connection of the stove should be approached responsibly.
In order to choose the right option, a number of parameters must be taken into account.
- The product must match the length. A situation with a strained state of the hose must not be allowed. An overly long connector is prone to tangling. The correct length of the connector should have a small margin for ease of cleaning. The most popular connectors are 1-2 meters long. Components are available in lengths from 0.4 to 4.5 meters.
- Attention is drawn to method of connection to the gas supply pipe. Two types of gas pipelines are produced: with two nuts at the ends with applied internal threads (“female”) and in a combination of “father” – “mother”. One end of the connector with a nut is for the stove, and the other end is connected to the connector of the gas supply pipe. The product is selected according to the type of gas valve.
- Hose connectors must match the diameter. The most common standard is 0.5 inches, the standard 0.75 inches is less commonly used. Before buying a connector, you should take the dimensions of the faucet and the outlet of the plate.
- Attention is drawn to the compatibility of the connecting elements in terms of the quality of the material of execution. The connection of steel with brass (white and yellow metals) is unsafe.
- On sale meet gas hoses of different sections. It is recommended to choose a product with a diameter of at least 10 mm for optimal return of the burners.
- If the outlet of the gas stove is not located on the edge of the rear wall, in order to avoid hose creases, it is desirable purchase fitting – corner. If there are two outlets on the stove, you will need a plug.
- Gas connectors differ in the quality of materials of manufacture, and, accordingly, in price. More expensive products are aesthetic, provide safety and last longer.
- Reinforced PVC sleeve or polymer-coated bellows hose is preferable for a kitchen full of electrical equipment.
It is recommended to buy accessories for the stove in specialized outlets. It is also desirable to ensure that certificate of conformity product, manufacturer’s warranty. It is necessary to compare the declared service life with the price.
When choosing a hose, you need visually evaluate the accuracy of execution. A one-piece cast connection of parts or soldering is preferable, but not glue. It is important that there are no flaws: seams, cuts, creases.
Important! Accessories for gas appliances are marked in yellow. Labeling of packaging and products allows you to distinguish from water hoses.
The best solution for the buyer of a gas stove is to entrust the installation to a professional gas master. With this approach, the safety of operation of the device is fully guaranteed, and in case of problems, the manufacturer’s warranty will apply. When the stove is connected independently, the owner assumes all responsibility and loses warranty service.
Brief procedure for connecting a gas appliance:
- Preparatory activities. Familiarize yourself with the package and buy the missing. If necessary, the following components are purchased: paronite gasket, dielectric, plug, fitting – corner, adapter-futorka.
- Installation begins with the installation of all necessary aprons and plugs.
- The dielectric is screwed into the gas valve, and a hose is wound onto it (or a transition fitting, if any). Using an open-end wrench, tighten the connection tightly, being careful not to strip the threads.
- At the outlet of the plate, a paronite gasket is placed and the second end of the hose is screwed to the device with a nut.
- Upon completion of work, it is necessary check tight connections with soapy water. If the soap at the joints does not bubble when gas is supplied, then there is no leakage. The plate can be used.
Important safety note! Do not allow the connector to touch electrical wires and appliances, overlap with furniture.
Many users are completely incompetent in these matters, so it is our duty to remind them of the postulates of security:
- the hose must be constantly accessible and visible – it must not be covered with foreign objects;
- besides it, only a wire for lighting in the oven should be connected to the stove;
- paintwork cannot be applied to its surface;
- the hose must be connected sag freelyand not be in a tense position – this can serve to break it;
- when buying and installing this product, calculate in advance how far you will move the stove during general cleaning or when rearranging furniture in the kitchen, given that its maximum length is not more than 4.5 meters;
- do not bend or twist the product;
- it is better to replace the hose a little earlier than its service life limit, without waiting for a gas leak with negative consequences.
When repairing a gas pipeline using welding, the product must be turned off, and the plate should be moved to the maximum distance, covering its back with a piece of durable fabric to protect it from sparks. The more carefully you operate the hose, the more safety will be observed in your kitchen. Detailed rules for the operation of gas stoves are set out here. To consolidate the above, watch this video: