When choosing an electric stove, you should be prepared for the fact that it will require a huge amount of electricity. This device, compared with other household devices, has the highest power. For this reason, the installation of such a stove requires separate sockets and lines. For houses where there is no gas equipment, and only electric stoves are used, preferential tariffs for electricity are set. So, what is the standard power of an electric stove?
Types of electric stoves
Among domestic consumers of electricity, stoves are the most powerful. Given their constant operation, it will be the main article of electricity consumption. In houses where gas supply is not provided, there are even preferential tariffs for energy carriers.
Energy consumption depends on the power of the equipment. And it, in turn, depends on the type of plate. There are two types of household appliances for cooking.
- Classic electric stovewhere the burner is heated by a heating element (it can be a “pancake” or a tape, this is not important).
- induction works on a different physical principle. Heat is generated directly in the cookware by eddy currents generated on the stove coil with a frequency of up to 100 kHz.
- Some manufacturers offer burner combination these two types in one plate.
Standard electric stove power indicators
An electric stove with two cast-iron heating elements most often has a power of 2000W, and a similar device with 4 elements – from 5000W. If the four-burner stove has an induction heating principle, then the value will start from 10400 watts. Naturally, the greater the number of heating and other functional elements, the greater the indicator of electricity consumption.
When choosing a device, it is worth remembering that the power of the electric stove also affects the heating rate of the burners.
Each owner wants to know how much electricity his device consumes, taking into account its functionality. A conventional electric stove, which has four cast iron burners, consumes on average approximately 4 to 8 kilowatts per hour. But this indicator is calculated on the condition that all burners work together, respectively, if only one is turned on, consumption is significantly reduced.
Below are the approximate power values of the main components of the stove:
- burner with a diameter of up to 14.5 cm – 1 kW;
- heating element with a diameter of 18 cm -1.5 kW;
- electric hotplate with a diameter of 20 cm – 2 kW;
- lighting – 15-20 W;
- Grilled heater – 1.5 kW;
- Heating element from below – 1 kW;
- TEN from above – 0.8 kW;
- spit motor – 6 watts.
It is easy to come to the conclusion that the electric stove consumes the most energy when it is working. large burnerbut do not forget that the cooking process on it is accelerated and goes much faster.
Power of induction cookers
Induction cookers are quite expensive due to more complex principles for their implementation, as well as high power. However, it is this type of equipment that allows you to reduce electricity consumption to humane numbers on the meter due to the following nuances:
- almost instant heating;
- heating an empty (without dishes) burner does not happen in principle;
- energy losses due to heat transfer are minimized.
The use of a completely different principle than in a traditional stove made it possible to achieve such results. The stove does not heat up, heat is generated in the bottom of the dish. There is no heat transfer process from the stove in the pan (more precisely, there is when the heated dishes give off heat a little to the surface on which they stand). The heating rate is thus increased. There is no energy loss to the air.
The rated power of induction cookers is quite high, but subject to certain rules, it can be cooked more economically than on other types of stoves. So, the maximum power of the device can reach 7 kW. But this figure occurs with the simultaneous operation of all burners at the maximum level. This rarely happens in everyday life. Usually the hostess cooks at a power of 6-8 out of 9, and with some technologies (warming up, stewing) even at the level of 3-5. As a result, the real total energy consumption is not as frightening as the theoretical possibilities of the stove.
Cooking speed on induction is also higher, since the dishes reach the “working” temperature faster. The dish cooks faster, the stove works less time and, as a result, consumes less electricity.
Induction hobs have the following power:
- “Pancake” with a diameter of 16 cm produces 1.5 kW at the peak;
- an average burner of 18 cm can operate with a power of up to 2 kW;
- a large burner with a diameter of 23 cm in operation can consume approximately 2 kW.
The total maximum power of the stove comes out just 7 kW. It is this figure that should be taken as the calculated value when designing the electrical circuit of the kitchen, despite the fact that the actual power will usually be lower.
Each manufacturer is trying to increase the competitiveness of their products. Therefore, they strive to reduce energy consumption as much as possible. Electric stoves, like any appliances, are divided into classes according to electricity consumption. The designation is performed in Latin letters from A to G, starting from the highest. Today you can see the following designations: A ++ or A +++. This means that the energy consumption figures are higher than class A.
The class depends on the amount of energy consumed when the set temperatures are reached. Ovens consume the most energy, but with improved insulation that will reduce heat loss, significant savings are achieved.
How to save electricity
By following a few simple rules, you can reduce energy costs when cooking on the stove.
- The bottom of the dish should be perfectly flat. The better the diameter of the cookware fits the burner, the higher the efficiency (efficiency).
- The classic plate is inertial. It should be turned off a few minutes earlier, due to the accumulated heat, it will continue to cook for another 2-5 minutes.
- choose energy efficient technology (class A, A+).
A simple electric stove is much cheaper than an induction one. However, in the long run, the purchase of induction is justified. Significant savings in expensive energy over many years will “beat off” the difference in price.
Network connection features
When installing an electric stove, it is worth considering its high power, so certain rules must be followed. To install such a device, you will need:
- power outlet 32A;
- introductory machine more than or equal to 32A;
- three-core copper cable, which has double insulation and a cross section of more than 4 sq. mm;
- RCD not less than 32A.
To not happen contact overheatingeach element of the wiring must be of high quality in compliance with safety regulations and installation instructions.
According to experts, the power consumption of a stove not only depends on the characteristics of the appliance itself, but to a greater extent on the conditions of use.