It is not enough to purchase modern kitchen appliances for cooking, it is also important to learn the rules for its operation. Many have already appreciated the benefits of induction cookers, and most owners claim that they will not return to old electric stoves, even with a glass-ceramic surface. And some are ready to sacrifice the savings that they could have if they installed gas equipment (in homes where such an opportunity is available), and prefer induction cookers. Why is this kitchen appliance so popular among consumers, and how to use the induction hob correctly?
Reasons for the popularity of induction
Compared with gas and simple electric stoves, this type of equipment has the following advantages.
- Owners of such plates spend at times less time cooking. Due to the principle of operation in the induction cooker, there is no stage of heating the burner, as happens in a conventional electric panel. Copper coils, through which an alternating current passes, create an electromagnetic field, and already it, in turn, interacting with the bottom of the dish, heats it up. A liter of water on such a burner will boil in five minutes. Neither “pancake” hobs, let alone gas ones, can boast of such a result.
- Safe cooking. The interaction of the induction current occurs only between the coils and the dishes. The burner heats up from the bottom of the pan. As a rule, the panel in this place slightly warm. And after removing the dishes from the stove, it becomes cold after a few minutes. Thus, such a stove is safe not only for the direct user, but also for pets that can jump on it. Also, speaking of safety, it is worth noting the possibility of automatically turning it off if there is water on it, or the cooking process is too long due to the forgetfulness of the owner.
- Can be as accurate as possible set the temperature This simplifies the cooking process. Each cooking method (boiling, frying, stewing) has its own mode. As a rule, their decoding is indicated in the device instructions.
- In case of improperly selected dishes, stove won’t turn on. This can refer both to the material from which it is made, and to the diameter of the bottom. Due to this property of the device, unwanted repairs of expensive equipment can be avoided.
- Easy Care. Due to the low temperature of the panel, the food that has fallen on it does not burn, respectively, it does not have to be rubbed off the surface. In case of contamination, the induction cooker is cleaned with a damp cloth. Stubborn stains can be easily removed with silicone glass cleaner and a special scraper.
- Rich functionality. The presence of a large selection of programs and a child lock will make using the induction hob comfortable.
Connecting an induction cooker
Connecting an induction type stove requires certain knowledge and skills in electrical engineering. The choice of a place to install the device is dictated by the following requirements:
- installation of the plate is carried out on a flat floor / surface without distortions;
- ventilation is provided, small gaps – the device should not overheat;
- the plate must be grounded;
- for connection, a cable with a cross section of 2.5 mm² is used;
- the wiring section leading to the device must be copper;
- the presence of a socket near the place of the planned installation of the device;
- household wiring must be suitable for the load level created by the operating appliance.
If the device is not equipped with a power cable, then you should purchase a power cord yourself, focusing on the characteristics of the device specified in the documentation. It will not be superfluous to consult with a specialist.
Attention! Errors during self-installation of the induction cooker are fraught with breakdown and loss of warranty service for the device, as well as problems in household wiring.
If you are not confident in your abilities, it is better to contact a professional specialist about connecting an induction cooker.
Switching on and off order
An important aspect in the operation of the induction hob is the correct switching on and off of the device. Most modern models are equipped with control panel. Activating the operation of such induction cookers consists of the following steps.
- The device is turned on by holding the “On / Off” button for several times.
- The hob emits a beep and displays the control menu.
- Using the menu, the user needs to select the burner, set the heating parameters and the cooking program.
Switching off the induction cooker at the end of cooking is carried out using the control panel (the “Shutdown” item), if any. The device not equipped with a display is switched off by the “On / Off” button, which must be held for a few seconds until the hob turns off.
The method of setting the heating power of the induction hob differs for different models. It can be:
- touch buttons on the control panel with intuitive designations “+” and “-“;
- touch digital scalewith which the degree of increase in heating is carried out by swiping to the right, and to reduce power – to the left (slider control);
- mechanical regulatorsrotated clockwise to increase the heating power, and in the opposite direction – to reduce the heat supply.
In premium cookers, the heating power of the burner is adjusted automatically using built-in sensors that determine the size of the dishes.
The number of temperature gradations varies from 3-5 to 10 or more depending on the class and equipment of the device.
For greater convenience of using the induction cooker, manufacturers equip the devices with additional functions.
- Booster Mode – transfer of energy from a free burner to a working one, which allows you to speed up the cooking process.
- The possibility of combining the power of two adjacent burners when using oblong-shaped dishes such as ducklings.
- The modes of preparation of various dishes programmed for certain parameters of time and temperature.
- Heating function left on the dinner plate for a long time.
- Automatic switch-off of the burners – emergency mode is triggered when liquid enters the working surface.
Surface lock and unlock
A convenient additional option is the ability to block the device from accidentally turning on the oven, changing settings by careless movements or children. When the lock mode is activated, the device does not respond to pressing the touch buttons on the control panel.
Activate and deactivate the mode by holding it for 3 seconds buttons with a key/lock icon. A message should appear on the control panel stating that lock mode is enabled/disabled. On some models, instead of a message about the activation of the lock option, an indicator in the form of a key / lock appears.
The procedure for activating and removing protection against accidental clicks may differ for different models. Therefore, it is recommended that you carefully study the instructions for use of a particular induction cooker.
Choosing cookware for an induction cooker
There are special requirements for cookware for induction cookers. As with any electric stove, the dishes must have thickened bottom at least 2-6 mm or, in relation to pans, a solid anti-deformation disk – this will help to avoid deformation during strong heating. In addition, the bottom diameter should not be less than 12 cm. You can use the Turk on an induction cooker only with the help of a special adapter.
The bottom should be flat so that it fits as closely as possible to the surface. Do not use pots and pans with a concave or damaged bottom. It is also better to abandon the dishes that were previously used on gas stoves.
Dishes must be made from ferromagnetic material – it is he who will allow her to react with copper coils.
To check if the cookware is suitable for cooking on an induction hob, a special icon will help – a pictogram in the form of rounded zigzags or the inscription “induktion” on the bottom of the pan.
In the absence of any signs, you can check the suitability of dishes using a conventional magnet.. If the bottom attracts it, then the cookware is suitable for induction. A suitable option is stainless steel, enameled and cast iron utensils.
Induction hobs compared to gas and conventional electric hobs are considered less dangerous. The magnetic field created by a working stove is harmless to healthy people if you are under its influence for no more than 3 hours. The surface of the appliance does not heat up, so you can put food in an empty space next to a boiling pot.
However, an induction type stove, like any electrical appliance, requires compliance with the operating rules in order to avoid injury and damage.
- Cookware should be removed with care, avoiding touching the heating zone in order to avoid burns, as the heat does not dissipate immediately. For the same reason, it is not recommended to leave the dishes on the switched on burner unattended, since when the contents completely evaporate, the pan overheats and you can get burned. It takes a short time for the glass-ceramic surface to cool down.
- It is necessary to use special utensils corresponding to the diameter of the burner. Can not use saucepans with warped bottoms.
- Do not allow moisture to enter the working surface of the stove.
- It is possible to clean the surface of the device only after disconnecting from the power supply.
- It is contraindicated to be near a working induction cooker people with pacemakers.
- Observe standard precautions when working with electrical equipment.
Important! It is not recommended to use electronic devices near a working induction cooker due to possible interference.
How to care for an induction hob
As a rule, the surface of the induction cooker is made of durable glass-ceramic material, it requires some care.
- To clean such a surface, it is best to use a separate soft sponge.
- For heavy soiling, purchase a special glass ceramic scraperbut not a metal washcloth.
- As a detergent, choose special for such a surface. silicone-based solutionsthat form a protective film. In extreme cases, you can use liquid dishwashing detergent, but avoid using powder formulations.
- After washing the surface, wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
- If necessary, it is best to wash the hob immediately after cooking.
- Do not allow sugar and salt to get on the glass-ceramic surface. In case of contact with such bulk substances, brush them off and wipe the surface.